Expedite progress – think in the future, become estranged from the now.
Petite Juliet is a single-screen brawling game featuring stylized pixel art. It was originally written for the 48-hour Ludum Dare 31 Compo.
- Our cute protagonist, Juliet
- GLSL shaders!
- C++ and SDL2!
- Dynamic terrain using julia set fractals
- Wave-based enemies
- Some okay combat!
The source code is available under the GPLv3. Feel free to modify, inspect, critizice, or burn it.
- Framebuffer coloring layer - additive layer that is placed over terrain, “staining” the terrain layer with special fx(blood, etc.)
- Throwing of entities
- Stage and wave system.
- Each stage is a separate color, and is shown as a separate FBO in the background. When the current stage ends, it zooms into the new stage.
- Fun special effects for hittin’ stuff
- More enemy types!
- Bosses as well
- Blocking and countering
- Items (parasol)
- More and better sound effects. Music too.